Win: Ayodhya TemplePublish : Jul 2020, 30
L&T Ltd. has awarded the prestigious work of geotechnical investigation for Proposed SHREE RAM JANMABHOOMI TIRTH KSHETRA at Ayodhya, Distt. Fa Ltd.izabad, Uttar Pradesh. to Cengrs.
The temple, planned about 1 km north of the River Saryu will be an elegant structure with a 161 ft high dome. The development includes Garbh graha, Gudhmandap, Rang mandap, Nrutya mandap, Pradakxina, chowky etc.
The scope of work involves drilling of boreholesto 30-60 m depth, pressuremeter tests, plate load tests, electrical resistivity tests as well as laboratory CBR tests.
The geotechnical analysis for this grand monument is a challenge since the temple mythology requires that the temple shall be constructed using stone masonry without use of steel in the foundations or superstructure. The dome cannot withstand differential settlement.
- Mr. Ravi Sundaram chairs a technical session in DFII Conference 2021
- Cengrs performed geotechnical investigation for the new expansion of IOCL's Barauni Refinery, Bihar
- Inauguration of IGS Vellore Students Chapter
- Chapter in the book "Advances in Transportation Geotechnics IV"
- Webinar Series on Advanced Testing Technologies in Geotechnical Investigation for IGS Shimla Chapter
- DSV Prasad Commemorative Lecture: Importance of Geotechnical Investigations & Case Studies