Webinar onPublish : Jul 2020, 25
Mr. Ravi Sundaram delivered a Webinar Lecture titled "Foundations for Tall Buildings on Alluvial Soils - Geotechnical Aspects" on 18th July 2020. The lecture was organized by the Indian Geotechnical Society Delhi Chapter . Attended by over 130 persoms from all over India, the lecture was very well received by the geotechnical fraternity.
In his lecture, Mr. Ravi Sundaram emphasized on the need for thorough geotechnical investigations and use of advanced testing technologies to obtain realistic geotechnical data and need for load testing and quality assurance in pile construction. He discussed the concept of piled-raft foundations that are increasingly being used to assess the load sharing between piles and raft to economize the design.
He presented a case study of a 38 storeyed building in Noida (Uttar Pradesh, India) where thorough geotechnical investigation coupled with soil-structure interaction using Plaxis 3D finite element software resulted in a substantial saving of Indian Rupees 23.6 million (2.36 crores).
You may watch the lecture by clicking on the following link:
- Facebook Live Session by Lovely University on GEOTECHNICAL INVESTIGATIONS IN DIFFICULT GROUND CONDIT...
- Win: TATA Power Solar awards Annual Rate Contracts to CENGRS
- L&T Awards GTI package for Delhi-Vadodara Expressway to CENGRS
- Win: Central Vista Revamping Project, New Delhi
- Big Win! Project Seabird at Karwar
- Win: Ayodhya Temple