Quality Assurance of Piles installed at Jhajjar, HaryanaPublish : May 2021, 06
Forensic Geotechnics is an important branch of geotechnical engineering which involves applying the concepts of geotechnical engineering effectively to present facts and resolve conflicts. Cengrs have been involved in several projects to identify and solve problems before it gets out of hand, predict whether or not failure is likely to occur and propose corrective action to ensure that the structure remains safe.
Fujita Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. had installed about 246 bored cast-in-situ piles (through a contractor) at the site of a Factory Project for Tsuzuki India Precision LLP at Plot No. 16, Street No. 2, Sector-7A, Model Economic Township, Vill. Yakubpur, Distt. Jhajjar, Haryana.
The piles were cast for the main building / factory area using two different types of rigs, hydraulic rotary rig and truck mounted rig (TMRs). The client had doubts on quality of piling work executed at site with regard to the structural integrity of the installed piles.
So, to evaluate the condition of pile quality Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd. carried out the pile testing and confirmatory geotechnical investigations at the project site. The quality of piles was evaluated by carrying out 201 low-strain pile integrity tests and coring through two piles. Thirteen probe holes were drilled adjacent to selected piles to confirm bulging.
In addition, 13 boreholes were drilled to 14 m depth and soil and groundwater samples were tested the in our NABL accredited laboratory for an independent assessment.
The data was assessed to evaluate What Went Wrong and Why (the 4W's of Forensics) so as to provide necessary data to the client regarding acceptability of the piles and remedial measures required.
- Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd. has successfully completed its tenth NABL audit
- Cengrs Geotechnica's Webinar Unveils the Secrets of "𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗲𝘀𝘁 (𝗦𝗣𝗧) - 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲...
- 𝗨𝗽𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗡𝗛-𝟮𝟰𝟰 𝗶𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘁. 𝗗𝗼𝗱𝗮, 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗺𝘂 & 𝗞𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗺𝗶𝗿
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) & IGS-IIT Hyderabad Student Chapter Invited a Talk...
- 𝗖𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗵𝗿𝗶 𝗥𝗮𝗺 𝗝𝗮𝗻𝗺𝗮𝗯𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗺𝗶 𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲!🎆
- Cengrs Geotechnica's First Webinar Unveils the Secrets of "Good" Geotechnics!