Paper titled "Strengthening of Equipment Foundations on Loose Soils of a Power Plant in Eastern Uttar Pradesh"Publish : May 2021, 27
Our paper titled "Strengthening of Equipment Foundations on Loose Soils of a Power Plant in Eastern Uttar Pradesh" authored by Ravi Sundaram, Sanjay Gupta, Mohit Jhalani, Jitendra Kumar has been published by Springer Nature in Proceedings of the Indian Geotechnical Conference 2019 the Indian Geotechnical Conference 2019 Volume III (page nos. 523-533).
The paper describes problems encountered when small equipment foundations of a power plant placed on a 5–6 m thick poorly compacted fill underlain by rock experienced excessive settlements. Strengthening measures adopted included installing micro-piles extending to the top of rock and filling large voids in the fill with a thick grout of cement and sand. This highlights the importance of proper compaction as well as the need to test the bearing strata adequately before constructing foundations on fill.
Please click on the link below to see the flyer of the book:
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for copy of the paper.
- Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd. has successfully completed its tenth NABL audit
- Cengrs Geotechnica's Webinar Unveils the Secrets of "𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗲𝘀𝘁 (𝗦𝗣𝗧) - 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲...
- 𝗨𝗽𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗡𝗛-𝟮𝟰𝟰 𝗶𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘁. 𝗗𝗼𝗱𝗮, 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗺𝘂 & 𝗞𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗺𝗶𝗿
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) & IGS-IIT Hyderabad Student Chapter Invited a Talk...
- 𝗖𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗵𝗿𝗶 𝗥𝗮𝗺 𝗝𝗮𝗻𝗺𝗮𝗯𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗺𝗶 𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲!🎆
- Cengrs Geotechnica's First Webinar Unveils the Secrets of "Good" Geotechnics!