IGS Delhi Chapter organizes Workshop on "Cone Penetration Test - Current Practices and Codes"Publish : Mar 2022, 05
The Subcommittee SC-10 of the Indian Geotechnical Society (of which Mr. Ravi Sundaram is a member) is a forum to facilitate exchange of views and evolving a consensus amongst the geotechnical engineering community in India on best practices and to support the improvement and updating of codes, standards and guidelines related to geotechnical engineering.
SC-10 organized a workshop in association with IGS Delhi Chapter on "Cone Penetration Test - Current Practices and Codes". The objective of this workshop is to arrive a guidance document to be developed by the Codes committee (SC-10) of IGS. Some of the salient features and recommendations to amend the code will be presented to Bureau of Indian Standards.
Cengrs participated in this unique event held on 4th March 2022 which had eminent speakers such as Mr. Ernst Wassenaar of Geomil Equipment B.V., Malaysia, Dr. Tom Lunne of Norwegian Geotechnical Institute and Mr. Jamie Sharp of Conetec Investigations Ltd., Canada in addition to Indian experts from IITs and the geotechnical industry as well as representative of the Bureau of Indian Standards.
In this event, Mr. Sorabh Gupta spoke on "Current Status of CPT in India". Mr. Ravi Sundaram moderated a panel discussion in which 10 experts (including Mr. Sorabh Gupta) participated. The panelists emphasized on the importance of upgrading to Electric Cone Penetration Test (eCPT) and also measuring pore-water pressure CPTu in addition to performing seismic cone penetration tests to effectively characterize soils for major projects.
The suggestions from the workshop will be used by IGS to propose changes in IS: 4968 Part 3 on static cone penetration test. SC-10 is in the process of setting up a working group in which our directors shall participate.
- Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd. has successfully completed its tenth NABL audit
- Cengrs Geotechnica's Webinar Unveils the Secrets of "𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗲𝘀𝘁 (𝗦𝗣𝗧) - 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲...
- 𝗨𝗽𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗡𝗛-𝟮𝟰𝟰 𝗶𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘁. 𝗗𝗼𝗱𝗮, 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗺𝘂 & 𝗞𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗺𝗶𝗿
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) & IGS-IIT Hyderabad Student Chapter Invited a Talk...
- 𝗖𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗵𝗿𝗶 𝗥𝗮𝗺 𝗝𝗮𝗻𝗺𝗮𝗯𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗺𝗶 𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲!🎆
- Cengrs Geotechnica's First Webinar Unveils the Secrets of "Good" Geotechnics!