Geotechnical Investigation for Wind Turbines at Khavda, GujatatPublish : Jul 2023, 18
With alternate sources of energy being the way forward for the future, Cengrs is thrilled to announce its involvement in the Wind Solar Hybrid Park Project by Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL) in Khavda, District Kachchh, Gujarat. As Adani Group’s trusted geotechnical experts, Cengrs has conducted an extensive soil investigation for over 100 of the 371 wind turbines planned for this ground-breaking endeavor. Spread over a large expanse of approximately 685 hectares, the project envisions the installation of 371 Wind Turbine Generators across 24 blocks. These state-of-the-art W2E-make turbines have a capacity of 3.2 MW each, with a towering hub height of 120 meters and an impressive rotor diameter of 160 meters. Together, they will contribute to a grand total wind capacity of 1929 MW. The geotechnical challenges in this part of the Rann of Kutch are presence of soft clays, shallow groundwater, high salinity and vulnerability to earthquakes (it is in Earthquake Zone V as per IS: 1893-2016). By providing vital geotechnical insights, we aim to ensure the robustness and stability of the foundations, enabling AGEL to realize the project's full potential. A great opportunity to face these interesting challenges and work out innovative solutions as we move forward, contributing to advancement of geotechnical practice in the country.
- IS: 18299-2023: Structural Design and Proof Consultancy Services for Structures - Requirements
- Geotechnical Investigation for Redevelopment of Muzaffarpur Railway Station, Bihar
- Geotechnical Investigation for Nav Bharat Udyan
- Geotechnical Investigation for Micron's Semiconductor Unit at Sanand, Gujarat
- Cengrs Completes 33 years of Geotechnical Excellence... moving on to the 34th with zeal and exciteme...
- Geotechnical Investigation for Phase II expansion of Bandhaura Thermal Power Plant at Dist. Singraul...