DSV Prasad Commemorative Lecture: Importance of Geotechnical Investigations & Case StudiesPublish : Sep 2021, 14
Indian Geotechnical Society Kakinada Chapter in association with the Student Chapter of University College of Kakinada (affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University) organized a Webinar on "Importance of Geotechnical Investigations and Case Studies" on 28th Aug 2021. The webinar was in the memory of Dr. D.S. V. Prasasd, a professor at JNTU Kakinada who unfortunately succumbed to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
Mr. Ravi Sundaram delivered a lecture titled "Geotechnical Investigation in Challenging Soil Conditions". He discussed the challenges faced by Cengrs on the following three projects and the use of advanced testing technologies to work out engineering solutions.
- Power Plant on Bentonite Deposits in Western Rajasthan
- Bridge on Boulder-Gravel Deposits in foothills of the Himalayas
- On-shore Gas Terminal on Soft Clays of Godavari Delta in eastern Andhra Pradesh
- Inauguration of IGS Vellore Students Chapter
- Chapter in the book "Advances in Transportation Geotechnics IV"
- Webinar Series on Advanced Testing Technologies in Geotechnical Investigation for IGS Shimla Chapter
- Webinar Lecture on Case Studies in Geotechnical Engineering for IGS Aurangabad Chapter
- Short Course on Soil Exploration organized by SC-7 subcommittee of Indian Geotechnical Society
- 7th International Conference on RECENT ADVANCES IN GEOTECHNICAL EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING AND SOIL DYNA...