Cengrs kicks off the geotechnical investigation for the new refinery at Nagapattinam, Tamil NaduPublish : Jan 2022, 16
Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (CPCL) has kick-started project activities for the construction of the 9 million metric tonne per annum (MMTPA) refinery in Nagapattinam. The project management consultants Engineers India Limited (EIL), McDermott and Tata Consulting Engineers (TCE). It is situated in a land parcel covering an area of about 606 acres at Kaveri Basin at Nagapattinam.
The initial unit was set up in Nagapattinam with a capacity of 0.5 million metric tonnes per annum in 1993 which was increased to 1 million metric tonnes per annum in 2002. The current expansion includes the construction of production units, a refinery unit, storage tanks, a warehouse, loading and unloading facilities and the installation of related machinery and safety equipment. This capacity building to 9 MMTPA is a big boost to nation building which will further be expanded to 15 MMTPA in the next phase.
The geotechnical investigation work for the mamoth project was awarded to Cengrs towards the end of December 2021. Cengrs looks forward to contributing to the foundation system of the new refinery with over 200 boreholes, 70 static cone penetration tests, pressuremeter tests, electrical resistivity tests etc. The work is being execucuted under two contracts; EIL is the PMC for one contract and McDermott is the PMC for the second one.
- Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd. has successfully completed its tenth NABL audit
- Cengrs Geotechnica's Webinar Unveils the Secrets of "𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗲𝘀𝘁 (𝗦𝗣𝗧) - 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲...
- 𝗨𝗽𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗡𝗛-𝟮𝟰𝟰 𝗶𝗻 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘁. 𝗗𝗼𝗱𝗮, 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗺𝘂 & 𝗞𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗺𝗶𝗿
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) & IGS-IIT Hyderabad Student Chapter Invited a Talk...
- 𝗖𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗵𝗿𝗶 𝗥𝗮𝗺 𝗝𝗮𝗻𝗺𝗮𝗯𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗺𝗶 𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲!🎆
- Cengrs Geotechnica's First Webinar Unveils the Secrets of "Good" Geotechnics!