Cengrs kicks off the geotechnical investigation for the new refinery at Nagapattinam, Tamil NaduPublish : Jan 2022, 16
Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (CPCL) has kick-started project activities for the construction of the 9 million metric tonne per annum (MMTPA) refinery in Nagapattinam. The project management consultants Engineers India Limited (EIL), McDermott and Tata Consulting Engineers (TCE). It is situated in a land parcel covering an area of about 606 acres at Kaveri Basin at Nagapattinam.
The initial unit was set up in Nagapattinam with a capacity of 0.5 million metric tonnes per annum in 1993 which was increased to 1 million metric tonnes per annum in 2002. The current expansion includes the construction of production units, a refinery unit, storage tanks, a warehouse, loading and unloading facilities and the installation of related machinery and safety equipment. This capacity building to 9 MMTPA is a big boost to nation building which will further be expanded to 15 MMTPA in the next phase.
The geotechnical investigation work for the mamoth project was awarded to Cengrs towards the end of December 2021. Cengrs looks forward to contributing to the foundation system of the new refinery with over 200 boreholes, 70 static cone penetration tests, pressuremeter tests, electrical resistivity tests etc. The work is being execucuted under two contracts; EIL is the PMC for one contract and McDermott is the PMC for the second one.
- Webinar Series on Ground Improvement Techniques
- Ninth National Conference on Recent Advancements in Geotechnical Engineering (NCRAG’22)
- IGS Patna Short Term Course on Soil and Rock Geotechnics for Sustainable Infrastructures (SRGSI) -Th...
- Cengrs performs Geotechnical Investigation for the Bungee in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Short Term Training Program on "Importance of Soil Investigations and Non-Destructive Techniques"
- Cengrs performs Geotechnical and Geophysical Investigation for the (DC-05 Package) Janakpuri West t...