Big Win! Project Seabird at KarwarPublish : Sep 2020, 16
The Indian Navy has appointed CENGRS as the Geotechnical Investigation agency for its prestigious Project Seabird – Phase IIA located at Karwar. The largest naval infrastructure project for India, it involves creation of a naval base at Karwar on the west coast of India. Upon completion, this $3 billion program and effort will provide the Indian Navy with its largest naval base on the west coast and also the largest naval base east of the Suez Canal. The new and expanded naval complex will be able to support several major warships, submarines and yard crafts. A specialised dockyard repair and maintenance facilities (with piers, wharfs, revetments, quay walls, etc.), covered dry berths for ships and submarines, new technologically advanced security and communication systems, a Naval Air Station (including multiple runways, hangars, housing, ordnance handling areas, services, personnel support infrastructure, etc.), various utilities systems as well as housing and residential complexes at multiple locations are some of the other facilities that the base will feature. Located on a partially hilly terrain along the coast, the project involves several technical and environmental challenges. The GTI program involves more than 126 deep boreholes and other field tests to be completed in a 6 month period.
- Mr. Ravi Sundaram chairs a technical session in DFII Conference 2021
- Cengrs performed geotechnical investigation for the new expansion of IOCL's Barauni Refinery, Bihar
- Inauguration of IGS Vellore Students Chapter
- Chapter in the book "Advances in Transportation Geotechnics IV"
- Webinar Series on Advanced Testing Technologies in Geotechnical Investigation for IGS Shimla Chapter
- DSV Prasad Commemorative Lecture: Importance of Geotechnical Investigations & Case Studies